What kind of replacement parts for this window?

A home owner from New York State says:
What do you think?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7856.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7857.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! I recommend our 39-348 to start, but this is more of an educated guess. I can't say for sure without seeing yours out of the window, as there are a few important details that are obstructed. That said I think the 39-348 is a very promising candidate. Look it over and let me know what you think.

Do you know what brand window it is? There is no Anderson etching on the glass. I might buy the one you suggest and try it. If it works, I'll buy more. Thank you?
Profile picture of Tom

I have no idea who might have made your window, unfortunately. However the 39-348 has been used on a ton of different brands. It's not made to work for just one window.

Thank you for your help. Would I need additional parts? A crank? A shoe stud?
Profile picture of Tom

You  can reuse your old handle, but if that's not possible then you can use our 39-205.

The same goes for the 36-078 shoe stud. 

Some of the handles don't grip. Is that the fault of the handle or the mechanism inside the recommended part? It seems like the gear is stripped, or is that an illusion?
Profile picture of Tom

It could be either possibility, but I can't really judge from here. You'll have to play around with it. 

Does the corkscrew-shaped worm gear come out when you turn the handle? If so, the gears are stripped out and you need a new operator.

If the worm gear doesn't come out, then grab a handle from another operator and try it out on yours. If it works, then you know the handle is the problem. If it doesn't, then it's the operator.

Profile picture of Tom

It was my pleasure! Thank you for your business, it means a lot. Please let us know if you need any help.

Okay. Some of them come out. I will order one operator and try to install it on a window where the worm gear does out and if it works, I'll order more. Thank you so much for your help:)
Hi, Tom,

I think the mechanism you sent will work for some of my windows, but some of the windows have this kind of mechanism. Each of the 4 arms is about 6 and 1/2 inches. The window itself is 25 and 1/2 inches wide.

Do you have a match for that window?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window #1.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window#2.JPG
Profile picture of Tom

Ah, I see. That looks like our 39-140. This has the same kind of "accordion" style arms as the one you're showing here.

Okay, I wil order one, and after the two different styles are installed and work, I will do my count and order several more of each.

Do you also have Anderson parts? I discovered that all the windows in the 1974 addition to my house were indeed Anderson windows. I'm looking for a tiny part that glides on the rod. One of them has fallen off, so the window doesn't function properly. I don't even know what it is called and if you can order these part separately from whatever they are attached to.

Thank you again for your help:)
Profile picture of Tom

Well, that depends. We carry parts that worked on both Andersen and Anderson brands. I know it's confusing, but there are two window companies who have the same name with only a one letter difference. The distinction is big, though; Andersen uses very specific parts made just for their windows while Anderson uses more generic parts.

This is the part.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 6916AF64-60A3-4407-A83A-9879A26753B3.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom

Ah, perfect. This is indeed an Andersen part. Specifically, it's our 36-030. I think you'll agree that this is a dead ringer.

Yes indeedy! I'll wait to order it after I make a final tally of what I need. No need to pay shipping on a tiny item when I can gang it up with others.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Linda
Profile picture of Tom

Awesome! Thank you once again for your business, it's very important to us. Please let us know how everything works out once you get it.

The 39-348 worked beautifully. Waiting on the 39-140.
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace an Awning Operator
How to Replace an Awning Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace an Awning window operator
How to replace an Awning window operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.