What length?

A handy person from Charlotte, NC says:
I know this is a S770, however the stamp on it reads 24HD and it measures 25 5/16. I'm just curious as to what size I should purchase?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0972.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0976.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0974.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0973.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. This looks like our Series 770 at first glance, but you'll note that the clip at the end of the cord is a different style. You have our round 15-044. We can make a Series 770 with this configuration, but it will have to be a custom order.

I'm just not sure about that length. That might make this even more special, but I'm not sure. The metal channel should end on a full inch; based on your stamp, it should specifically be 25". Give us a little time to look into this.

In the meantime, can you tell me how many balances you need? Can you also tell me the exact weight of the sash this balance supports?

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

I don't believe the manufacturer would make a balance longer than 25" if the stamp reads 24HD. Can you double check this for me? It's very peculiar.

I've double checked everything and you can see in the picture the stamp and the length of measurement that I took. I only need 2 balances for 1 window. I'm almost thinking of ordering the 25 with the balance attachment and calling it a day. I don't have time for you guys to look into this. I'm a professional handyman doing this for a client. So I can either replace the balances or I need to replace the entire sash kit, which is going to cost my client more money.

I would appreciate a quicker response, since I'm under a time-line on my end. I've done the whole thing of measure twice (actually multiple times), hence why I'm contacting you guys for some help.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I apologize for the wait time. This is our busiest season and we're getting hundreds of inquiries a day. We're trying our best to keep up!

We can go with a 25" long balance for you, but there's no guarantee it can work. If you want to go that route, it will have to be custom made. However, we still need the weight of the sash we had requested back on the 31st. There are two possible stamp  options that could be used for this custom order and I do not know which one to go with. Please be as precise as possible. Estimations won't do; we'll need the weight to be down to the ounce.

Once I know that, I'll email you an order link and order link and price quote for 2. Please understand that custom balances cannot be returned for a refund and we do not know if a 25" balance will work.

I'm not going to risk it with my client. Thanks for your help and I appreciate your response. I will go with a replacement sash kit.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.