What option for my balance?

A quick learner from Jacksonville, FL says:
My channel balance that needs replacing only has 2840 J stamped on it. Which stamp option should I select or does this even apply? The window itself weighs around 25lb's.

It also has simple hook on the end of the balance that holds it under the shoe. Would you recommdend replace the shoe and also use the terminal clip?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
If your sash weight is 25 pounds, then I recommend the 29D option. Two S770-29 balances with this option can hold a window sash weight of 23 through 28 pounds. Just make sure that your sash weight is accurate.

You say that you have a hook for your balance instead of a terminal clip. Are you sure the Series 770 is what you have? If not, you can take a few pictures of your balance for me to look at.
Thanks Tom for the quick reply. I've attached two photos showing the bottom with the hook and the top where the spring broke away. From the pictures I compared it to the S770-29 seem to be the closest. My windows are from 1989 so are very old and the channels have never been replaced.

Thanks again,
TonyT
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Ah, I see. I recognize this balance. It will have to be specially made. Check out this Custom Channel Balance Request Form that I've started for you and fill out the rest of the information. One of our representatives will get back to you shortly thereafter with a price quote and an item to add to your cart.
Thanks Tom. One question for you, if the only difference is the block and tackle, can I just replace that too and use the S770-29 standard without customizing? Probably should replace that too, and it does look very similar.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I don't think you will be able to use our Series 770 balance, no, but there is a way we can find out for sure. Can you tell me if your balance is ribbed or plain? You can see the difference by visiting this page.
It is plain and is actually just slipped into a groove in the window frame facing in and held into place by screws in the frame external to the balance. I'm almost certain the 770 will work but if not, what is the return policy.
Profile picture of Tom
I cannot guarantee that the Series 770 will work. However, you can see our Return Policy by following this link. Let me know if it does work, I'm sure that information will help many customers in the future!
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.