What part do I need?

A handy person from Fitchburg, Wisconsin says:
The broken spring wasn't difficult to remove after I watched the video on your website. I need to replace one of the balance springs in my double hung window. I've included photos of the spring removed as well as the mechanism within the window where the spring sits. The plastic and metal 'holder' in the window frame differs from the video. However, it seems that the correct replacement piece should fit into it. The number that I see on the metal side of the spring is 17E.

Thanks, Jill
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named tempImageHqqsr7.gif
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named tempImageijCNfg.gif
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named tempImagepZZpEd.gif
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named tempImagewiTCjV.gif
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named tempImageE1noE0.gif
Profile picture of Lauren
Lauren from SWISCO responded:

Hello, thank you for posting! 

Your balance resembles our S770-17 with the stamp option 17E. Please review the product page to compare and let me know if you have any questions. 

Thanks, that looks like what I will need, and the video is super helpful. Unfortunately, I have two more broken windows. They differ from the earlier one.

As you can see in the photos, three plastic pieces have broken. I hope you can tell me what replacement parts to buy. I would love to see a video about how to replace the broken pieces.

I think yours is a great service.

Hello,

Do you happen to know if your windows are Simonton Brand? This will help us determine the correct replacement. Thank you for your assistance. 

Yes, they are! I found the attached sticker on the window.

Thank you for confirming! 

We do not carry the original setup, but please review the video below for a step by step guide of the assembly and product numbers that you can use as a replacement. 

Please let me know if you have any questions. 
How to replace a Simonton coil balance
How to replace a Simonton coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.