What part is this

A quick learner from Memphis, Tn says:
I'm trying to replace a casement lock and I noticed the mechanism is broken. Are you able to identify the part I have in my hand. It's what the latch grabs onto to lock the crank window
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 540E0847-1010-4066-A824-22F1F49FFC43.jpeg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out. The part pictured in your hand is the link assembly, which is not often sold separately. This part is also not compatible with the 38-209 you purchased.

It looks similar to what's on our 38-205 but is different. It would help to see the rest of your hardware removed from the window. This will help us to see the parts clearly and without obstruction so that we can confirm if this or another replacement would be suitable.

Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.