What replacement part(s) should I get?

A handy person from Missouri says:
The pulley on a window balance broke (see photos). The balance is 17 inches long and most closely matches the S770-17 part. Is there a better matching replacement part? Looking at the photo, it looks like I'd need to drill out the rivet at the top end and move the hook from the broken unit over. Would it be easier to just replace the broken pulley? Do you sell the pulley assembly separately? If not, does the "UB 16D" code on the balance indicate a 16 lb load?
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid the pulley assembly is not available separately. Funnily enough, a stamp of "16" does not indicate a load of 16 pounds by itself, but the "D" indicates that it can support 16 through 19 pounds. That's just a coincidence though. There is no literal correlation between the actual number and how much weight the spring supports.

We can actually custom make an S770-17 balance for you that uses a 19-029 clip, if you'd like. That way you don't have to drill anything out. Just let me know how many you need!
A handy person from Missouri says:
I'll take 2 of them. How do I order the custom build?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Great! I will email you a custom link presently. This contains a price quote and will allow you to place your order.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)