What Coil Balance to order?

A home owner from Pennsylvania says:
I got the shoe and coil spring out. The case has either a 6 or a 9 on it (there's no determination on what side is up). The coil spring itsself snapped and attaches to a clear plastic tab that the shoe clicks onto when the window is all the way up. The shoe came apart easily, so I should just need the spring only correct?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190620_104236.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190620_105103.jpg
Update: the shoe is broken now too when I went to put the lower sash back in. I guess I'm going to see the entire assembly. Is there a differnt procedure for removing that type with no cut out to simply twist the window up and out? I'm beginning to wonder if incorrect removal of the sash broke the coil spring in the first place.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Hi there. I do see that you recently placed an order for the S180-6 coil spring and 15-087 coil housing pivot. I do agree with your replacement options. Once you receive them, please get back to us and let us know how everything works out for you.

Everything was spot on. Part arrived with Saturday's mail. After a little more digging on your site I found someone with the exact issue on the same window. Originally I was going to reuse the shoe, but I damaged the housing. (American Craftsman 70 series) Great instructional videos too! Helped me diagnose the problem and remove the bad part. I used the "cut out" meathod beind the stop. Very happy to have this window working again as I wasn't too happy it broke within a short time (under 4 years).
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Excellent to hear! We are very glad this worked out for you. Please let us know if you ever need anything else. Many thanks for considering our business, we do appreciate it.

How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.