Where to Install 40-006

A home owner from Madison, AL says:
Need some clarification. The screen door on my back porch opens inward so the traditional door closer won't work. I just ordered the 40-006 but it's not clear to me where to install it and my closer. It appears from the diagram that I install it inside (on the "pull" side of the door) but I can't visualize how the pneumatic closer will work in this position. Please confirm if the installation is on the inside (from the vantage point of the "puller") or the outside (from the vantage point of the "pusher"). Thanks.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Hello! Hopefully I can help. Take another look at the diagram. In it you will see that the 40-006 bracket is installed on the inside, or as you say the pull side of the door. It should be mounted on the door at the top inside near the hinge. The closer itself is installed above the door on the top inside header. It is a little confusing if you have never installed one of these before, but hopefully that clears things up.

How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
VIDEO
WATCH >
40-006 In-swinging Door Bracket Installation
40-006 In-swinging Door Bracket Installation
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.