Where to install tension clips?

A quick learner from California says:
I would like to make a window screen for the window I'm attached photo. The window frame has no channels and a slanted bottom sill. I had planned on inserting tension clips to keep the frame in place. Where would I insert these? One side and top? Just side? Any other adjustments or parts Inwould need to make this frame fit snugly?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 63D1929B-362E-4078-8B58-11C4909C677F.jpeg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

You can make a full screen for your wood exterior window. I recommend using a 3/8" thick screen frame and make it just slightly less than the opening to compensate for the window being out of square. I also recommend a horizontal center bar to give it rigidly. 

Use two 70-004 pull rings on the bottom of the screen. On the exterior frame at the top corners, install 70-056 hangers, so you have something to slide the screen into. 

After all that, you would be able to swing the screen in and, with the sill screws installed, flip the pull rings over to lock the screen.

Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

I have some advice to add to my brother's response. You want to nail the 70-056 inside the two top corners of the window frame. Have them rest up against the blind stop of the window frame where the screen will rest. Then you will need to install two of the pull rings at the bottom of the screen. Using either the 70-004 or the 70-204, slip the top of the screen into the 70-056 hangers and push the screen up against the window stop. Rest the pull rings down on to the wood window sill and mark the locations of the ball head screws which the pull ring will latch onto.

A quick learner from California says:
Thank you, This is helpful. I assume that the 70-056 hangars go on the top sides with the nail at the top of the blind stop. The prior windows screens had one pull ring centrally placed. Will this work? Also, do you advise use with tension clips for a snugger fit or are those appropriate for a different type of screen.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

The 70-056 hangers are placed at the top of the window cores in front of the blind stops so that the screen rests against the blind stop. I recommend two bottom pull rings to secure the screens against the wind.

How to install the Swisco 70-004 pull ring
How to install the Swisco 70-004 pull ring
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.