Which Side

A quick learner says:
1) Which side of the window does this "coil balance shoe" shown in attached image work for, left, or right, or interchangeably?

2) My tilt window can not stay at an open position. Is this caused by the aged coil spring or coil balance?
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hi there, you've come to the right place! The 15-180 coil shoe can be used on either side of the window. It's typically used with Series 190 coil balances. And, if your window isn't staying up, it's usually safe to assume the coils are failing, or at least aged past function. Hope this helps a bit, but certainly, reach back out with any extra questions.

Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Ah, glad I could :) Let us know how it ends up working out for you!

A quick learner says:
Thank you Kathleen.

Your reply certainly helped me make a decision to buy some parts from Swisco.com.
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.