Which bracket to use?

A home owner from London, Ontario, Canada says:
I know I need a S500-18 spiral balance with a red tip. I'm now wondering which bracket to use with it? The existing bracket is 3/8" wide and 3 1/2" long. I think the closest thing to it is the 17-012 bracket.

Original balances are 70 to 80 years old. Glad I could find a supplier because there are none in Canada.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Most service people I've talked to use the 17-012 bracket and Series 500 balance with no issue.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)