Which clips?

A quick learner from Texas says:
I have a house built in 1985. All original Windows.
None of the windows will stay up. Most of the spirals are out of the sash and will not stay in.
I believe the Series 500 spiral balance 5/8" is the correct replacement, but I can't figure out what is the bracket to hold it.
Could you please look at attached pictures? I have a few more, too.
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
It looks like the bottom sash clip is attached to the side of the sash, so hopefully you don't need to replace that. That would be for the best, because you cannot remove the sash to get to it. You will need to install the balances with the sash intact.

With someone helping you, you will need to drop the new balance in from the top of the sash, screw it in at the top, then let the spiral drop down. You will then raise the sash and, while someone holds the sash in the open position, spin the spiral up to the bottom of the sash. Finally, with our 75-004 tool, give the balance about three turns to charge it and lock it to the end into the sash clip.

Let me know if you have any more questions.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)