Which part should I order?

A quick learner from California says:
Hello,
I'd like to replace both (left and right) Channel Balances on my sliding window. Attached is the pic of the old one, but the letters don't match with what you have in your catalog. Which part do I order? And does it matter if it's a left or the right side? Also, do I need to replace the plastic attachments, or I can re-use the existing ones?
Thank you for your help!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window replacement part.jpg
A quick learner from California says:
Hi,
I did some research on how to identify the part. Based on my old one (pictured above), it looks like I need to order S385-27 with Option 2640. Please confirm I ordered the right one. Thank you!
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting! I'm afraid the stamp alone doesn't tell us what Series you have. Series is determined by the style and size of the nylon fittings, which I cannot see in your photos. 

The S385-27 comes with a 19-005 top and 15-004 bottom. As long as those match what you have now, then you should be good to go. I can at least confirm that the 2640 stamp is correct.

How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.