Which replacement part to purchase

Quick Learner from San diego
Apr 29, 2024 5:55 pm
Hi, my one window channel balance for a milgard broke and I need replacements. It states 32-3 and the channel length is 33". What else am I missing? Thank you.
IMG_2554 IMG_2556 IMG_2555 IMG_2553 IMG_2552
5 user uploaded images
5 Replies
Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO
Apr 30, 2024 11:25 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Thanks for reaching out! I am confident we can supply you with the replacement balances needed to complete your repairs but I'll need to confirm a few more details to confirm the correct one.

May I please see a photo of the center of the balance, where the pulley string and the balance spring meet? You'll likely need to locate an undamaged balance to obtain this photo, if possible.

Please also confirm the measurement for the depth of the bottom shoe; it should be either 1" or 1-3/32". Take a look at the diagram below for reference.

Profile view of a winged balance attachment
Profile view of a winged balance attachment

Apr 30, 2024 6:46 pm
Hi, the depth of the bottom show is 1 3/32" and I attached a photo of the channel.

Thank you, Jasmine, for the super quick reply.
1 user uploaded images
Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO
May 1, 2024 10:23 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Thanks for confirming this information. You can use the S385-33 with a 3230 stamp option to replace your existing balances.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can assist.

May 1, 2024 12:07 pm
Thank you! Just ordered the parts needed. Have a great day!
Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO
May 1, 2024 3:40 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

It was my pleasure to assist! Please don't hesitate to reach out with any future hardware repair projects you might have.

Have a great day!

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts