White plastic beading

A home owner from FL says:
I need many pieces of beading to repair 17 year old single hung windows
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

We should be able to help but we'll need to see a piece of your glazing removed from the window and from a side profile as shown below to get started. Dimensions are always helpful as well. Thank you!

Example illustration of a cross section.
Example illustration of a cross section.
As to how much I need A Lot!!! Mostly just bottom of the upper fixed window. I also need 2 sets of latches. What do I use to cut this plastic?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190410_190349.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190410_190130.jpg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Please take a look and compare our 55-194 white vinyl glazing bead to yours. Make sure that the dimensions line up and let us know if you need anything else. You can use a razor blade to cut it down to size if you need to. Also, if you need replacement latches of some kind, feel free to send us soem pictures of those as well. Thank you!

Yes. I think that's it. I've also found the latches. There is a clear gummy adhesive on the end of the piece. Is that something i should use when replacing the beading?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

We don't typically use adhesive when replacing glazing since that means it will make replacing that replacement much harder in the future. No glazing lasts forever and you don't want to permanently adhere them to the window if you can help it. If you watch the video below you can see how we do it.

Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Replacing Glazing Bead and Glass in an Aluminum Window Sash
Replacing Glazing Bead and Glass in an Aluminum Window Sash
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Vinyl Window Glazing Bead
How to Replace Vinyl Window Glazing Bead
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Insulated Glass in an Aluminum Window with Snap-In Glazing
How to Replace Insulated Glass in an Aluminum Window with Snap-In Glazing
GUIDE
READ >
How to Replace Glazing in a Vinyl Window
How to Replace Glazing in a Vinyl Window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.