Widow guide?

A quick learner from Lakeland, Fl says:
Inside the track of my window is a tube 30 inches long and 1/4 inch wide with a twisting rod inside (guide?) that appears to have broken off from the bottom. Is this replaceable and how do I disconnect the bottom piece? The top seems easy enough, just being a screw but the bottom seems like a leaver maybe?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210919_163903.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210919_161719.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210919_161700_03.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

It looks like you need either the S600 or S900 spiral balance but the tube diameter should be either 5/8" or 3/8". Take a look and the related content for assistance with the replacement process. Thank you!

It is a 3/8 30 inch tube and weighs 18.8-19.3 pounds according to make questionable bathroom scale. What part do I need and also a one inch wide pivot shoe, see attached picture. Thank you and I look forward to continuing business with you.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 16326942171427918392328110773101.jpg
Profile picture of Casey

See the S900-30 spiral balance with a green tip option, as well as the 15-134 pivot shoe. Look over the specifications of both parts to ensure that they match your original hardware.

Thank you, I am ordering both now.
I also have a 29 inch one that is 3/8 wide. It's from the same home and same type windows just a little shorter. The pivot lock shoe is the same.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 16335672631488609399403945819672.jpg
Also, does it matter where I lock the pivot lock shoe in? If so, how do I know where?
Profile picture of Casey
It sounds like you need the same hardware for that window as well except you'll use the 1" shorter S900-29. When installing the new balances, the pivot shoes should be locked a few inches above the sill to provide space to reinstall the sash as shown in our video below. 
Thank you again much!
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.