Will 23-100, or something more sturd, support my heavy door?

A quick learner from Maryland says:
Hello,

I am looking for a replacement to the top pivot assembly for my bifold door, which was identified as part 23-100. The issue is that the door is heavy and the pivot is tilted. I wonder if a replacement will be the same way. I will be grateful if you can recommend a more sturdy solution that is better suited for heavier doors. Advice will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Oleg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Hello there, Oleg. I notice you have a Paniflex bi-fold door. It looks like you have either been using something like the 23-100 or 23-248 top spring loaded pivot assembly. The 23-248 has a return to go over a 3/4" thick door. That said, see if you can use the 23-248. That would be much stronger. 

Bi-fold Door Repairs
Bi-fold Door Repairs
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.