Will 59-250 work in aluminum screens?

A home owner from Ohio says:
I have Anderson model 400 series casement windows with metal screens. I'd like to replace the metal screens but not with fiberglass screens. Will 59-250 foam splines work with aluminum screens?

If not what spline do you recommend for this type of repair?

Best Regards,

J.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
It depends on the screen frame. Andersen used the 59-250 in screens made before 1991. After 1991, however, Andersen went to the thicker 59-270 spline. You need to measure up the spline or the groove in the screen to make sure your are ordering the correct size. Foam spline is easy to work with because it is more forgiving than the older vinyl. The foam squeezes into the screen groove then expands to hold in the screen mesh.
A home owner from Pickerington, Ohio says:
Hi Dave, Thanks so much for the great feedback. The date code on our Andersen window screens is 1-91. Do you believe we will need the 59-270 spline? Thanks,
Gary
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I your screen was made in 1991, then yes I would recommend the 59-270.
SWISCO Foam Screen Spline
SWISCO Foam Screen Spline
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Re-screen an Andersen Window Screen [1080p]
How to Re-screen an Andersen Window Screen [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.