Will 70-030 work for me?

A home owner from Carlsbad, California says:
I am holding a stainless steel tension spring 1/4" wide and and 2 3/8" long, in the shape of your 70-030 tension spring. I snagged the one I have, as something that a local window screen maker gave to me. The springs fit the thickness of the screen frames, since the screen frame thickness is 5/16" and width is 3/4". With your experience, will your tension springs do the job? It seems like the 3/16" dimension will give too much wiggle room where it is inserted into the frame. It is really hard to find stainless steel tension springs to buy in bulk (say two dozen). Our shoreline salt air makes it mandatory use stainless steel.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
We have used the 70-030 when we used to make made 5/16" thick screens, but they are not stainless steel. Our 70-193 is stainless steel but it is 1/8" wide. You could possibly use it with your screens. You would just have to take care installing the screens in the window when it came to line up the springs.
SWISCO Screen Corner Spring [1080p]
SWISCO Screen Corner Spring [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.