Will 82-081 work for a Milgard door

A quick learner from CA says:
Will this work for the milgard patio door? It measures 1-1/2? thick. Do I need to order 82-310 or does 82-081 come with the key lock? Is there anything else needed to convert the current door to be lockable? Thanks for your help!
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

The 82-081 isn't exactly like your old handle set but it should work as a replacement, yes. It comes with a key. There's no need to buy one separately. There shouldn't be anything else necessary to make your door lockable from the outside, all you need is a key cylinder.

A quick learner from CA says:
When you say "all you need is a key cylinder". Does that mean I need part # 82-310 as well?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

No. Like I said, the 82-081 already comes with a key cylinder. When I said "that's all you need," I was specifically addressing your question "Is there anything else needed to convert the current door to be lockable." The answer to that is also no. All you need to make a door handle set like this lockable from the outside is a key cylinder, which is fortuitously included with the 82-081 set.

How to Install a Key Lock on a Patio Door
How to Install a Key Lock on a Patio Door
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.