Will 82-086 work?

A home owner from OH says:
For my current sliding door handle-lock assembly, the distance between the top mounting hole and the hole for the lock spindle(?) is 1 1/4 in. Will the 82-086 lock set work?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Existing handle.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Hole spacing.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hi there, thanks for writing in. I need a bit more information in order to say if the 82-086 is a good candidate. Firstly, can you show me the interior handle? Next, can you tell me the distance between the installation screws, from the center of each screw? That distance on the 82-086 is 3-15/16". Thanks!

A home owner from OH says:
Julia,
The inside handle is broken badly as you will see in the photo. The distance between the screws passing through the door is 3-15/16". The distance from the top screw to the latch looks like about 1 1/4 in.
Thanks, Nick
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Inside view.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hi Nick, thanks for getting back to me. Based on this information I think that the 82-086 is a good candidate for a replacement handle set! Let me know if you have any further questions. 

How to install a Legacy Handle Set
How to install a Legacy Handle Set
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Sliding Glass Door Latch Lever
How to Replace a Sliding Glass Door Latch Lever
VIDEO
WATCH >
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
GUIDE
READ >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.