Will I have room for a 83-006 on my screen doors?

A home owner from Middletown, Delaware says:
I'd like to install the 83-006 on my sliding screen doors, but I'm not sure I have enough space on the door interior to do so. As you can see from my photo, I only have under an inch of flat space, or about a quarter inch more, if I were going to mount the latch/pull on the less flat area (which I'd like to avoid, but if I have to and you think that's ok, I will). I know the keeper is 7/16" deep according to the manufacturer's specs, leaving me about half an inch of flat door space, but can't find anywhere how far into the latch/pull the screw holes are (but look to be somewhere around half an inch in, which would seemingly work for me).

I need a latch that's quite secure to keep my kitties from escaping, and this one looks perfect for that, so I hope it'll work for my doors! Thanks for your help. This website and store are a wonderful resource.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named sliding_screen.jpg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Hey, I'm happy to hear you like our site! Hopefully I can help you with this project. 

Now, measuring the 83-006 screw locations from the edge of the locking handle, the distance appears to be 1/2". This leaves you very little margin for error. You might need to notch into the door jamb to recess the keeper to give you more room on the face of the door. Let me know what you think.

A home owner from Middletown says:
I think I'll take the chance and order them... I'm sure I can fudge something a bit if needed. If the measurement was any larger, I don't think I'd chance it, but 1/2 inch should hopefully be doable, even if I have to leave the screen slid open a few millimeters (there's a lip, so the crack wouldn't actually be open to the outside).

Thanks so much for the help!
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

You're welcome. We'd like to hear if you're able to make it work. Check in later, if you want!

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.