Will S810-27 support a 30 pound window?

A home owner from california says:
i have a window about 4 feet wide and 28" high. it weighs 30 pounds.
will two of your S810-27 channel balances support this load.
thanks
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting! It would depend on which stamp option you select. The S810-27 has three stamp options, whose strengths are as follows:

26A: 4 through 8 pounds.
26B: 8 through 14 pounds.
26C: 14 through 20 pounds.

As you can see, none of the standard options for the S810-27 can support a sash weight of 30 pounds. Can you double check your sash weight to confirm that that is its weight? Also, are you sure that you have the Series 810 channel balance? It is a relatively skinny balance with a 3/8" width. If you aren't sure, please take a few pictures of the attachments on either end of the balance for me to identify, and confirm its channel width.

Please keep in mind that the weight range information is based on 2 balances per sash. Balances are designed assuming friction in the jamb weather-strip will carry a portion of the sash weight. Suggested sash weights are approximate.
A home owner says:
the stamp on my channel balance is 20 S 32.

i was told that the replacement balance is 26 90 30.

the width of my channel is 1/2" depth is 5/8" and the length is 27". the spring length is 12 inches with no load on it.

as i read you comments i think you are saying that the two channel balances will support only 20 pounds total of the two balances. if this is correct which of your balances would you suggest to support my window.

thanks
Profile picture of Tom
Based on the size of your metal channel, I do not believe that the Series 810 is the correct Series for you. In order for me to properly identify what Series you have, can you please upload a few pictures of the top and bottom nylon attachment? The stamp alone is not enough information to determine your Series; only the nylon attachments can help us figure that out.

In the meantime, you can take a look through our selection of 1/2" Wide Channel Balances for Non-Tilt Windows and see if you can find a Series that matches your attachment configuration.

Once we have your Series, we can help you figure out the proper stamp.
A home owner says:
i was looking at you series 380 and my channel babalce looks like your channel balance 308 27", your product code is S380-27.
i think your option 2630 is the one i need since my window weighs 30 pounds. would your option 2640 be better, or
would this option be too much resistance for my window.
would you recommend i get two balances instead of one.
Profile picture of Tom
Actually, I believe that the 2650 option would be best for your window. It can support a window sash weight range of 26 through 30 pounds.

We do usually recommend replacing both balances at the same time. This will ensure that tension is equal on both sides of your window. Plus, you can always place the older, undamaged balance aside to use as a repair should another balance in the house go.
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.