Will door closer stretch to 18?

A quick learner from Florida says:
I too have a Storm King 105.
I have looked at the recommended pneumatic closer #40-079. I have measured the old one, still installed on the door, and it measures 18" from door jamb to end of three sided fastener. Will the new model extend to 18"? I would really like to replace the old one and not have to patch and drill new holes for the fasteners. Thank you very much, Karen
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I took some measurements of one of our 40-079 and it seems to be coming up a little short, possibly closer to 17-1/2". However this is the recommended closer to replace the old Storm King 105. I don't believe there is any other closer available today. One more thought, try lubricating your old closer. These Storm Kings seem to last forever and that may be all you need to give it a new lease on life.
A quick learner from Jacksonville Florida says:
Thank you for your reply. I'll bite the bullet and order it. Thanks again!!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.