Will the sweep be long enough?

A home owner from Yakima, WA says:
The gap between the bottom of my shower door and shower threshold is 7/8". Will the Shower Sweep With Drip Rail work in my shower? Is it too big a gap? Conversely, if the sweep is too long, can I cut it?
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

The sweep used with the 10-325 is 3/4" high, not including the rounded end that fits into the drip rail. So this would be very close, but I believe it would just be enough room between the drip rail's bottom and the floor (1/32" to spare). Let me know if that makes sense, or if you have any other questions. 

A home owner from Yakima, WA says:
Thanks for the information. Do you think that 1/32" space would allow water to get onto the floor? Your sweep is the last hope for fixing our issue. I tried gluing a new flexible rubber sweep onto the existing drip rail (twice), but each time the sweep allowed water leakage. The sweep was touching the shower threshold, but it did not hold a good, stiff shape, so allowed water in.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Hey there. I took a measurement from the from the center of the mounting hole in the metal channel to the bottom of the vinyl sweep and came up with 1", so it looks like you should just make it. Also, the metal channel has that drip rail to help shed water away. Take note when installing this drip rail you will need to use the 33-071 screw. Be careful when drilling through the door you don't drill into the shower door glass. Alternatively you could also use a type of double stick tape to attach this drip rail.

SWISCO Shower Drip Rail with Sweep
SWISCO Shower Drip Rail with Sweep
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.