Window Balance 2100 BSI KL

A home owner from Matthews, NC says:
Hi,

I need one possibly two balances including springs. I have enclosed two pictures of the balance installed and not installed.

Let me know if you have this. This is what is inscribed on the balance - 2100 BSI KL. Also, what would the cost be for one plus shipping and two plus shipping.

Thanks,

Tony
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Are the springs includes?

These also screw into the top sides of the window channel. IS there a special screw that is included? Or needed?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
It looks like you can use S770-21 with a spring weight option of 21B. That fits a sash weight between 10 and 14 pounds. Weigh your sash to be sure that it falls within that range, though.

No special screw is needed. You'll just need to re-use your old screws, or get new ones at a hardware store. The springs are included, and these balances come fully assembled, ready to install out of the box.
A home owner from NC says:
Hi,

What is a sash? Is this the tilt window that can be removed?

Thanks,

Tony
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Yes, the sash is the removable window frame that slides up and down.
Hi,

The sash weighed 15.2 pounds.

What would it cost to replace 1 channel balance including shipping?

Also, what would 2 cost plus shipping?

Thanks,

Tony
Profile picture of Tom
S770-21 (21C) holds 14 to 18 pound sashes. That might be better, if your weight is correct. Pricing and shipping estimates, which are available on our site, can be calculated using the "shopping cart" online.
Hi,

I installed the balance and everything looks good.

I have some other windows that need to have the balances replaced and I was waiting to see if the balance I just purchased and installed worked which it did. The balance style is the same except the numbers are a little different

Here is what I need:

Window #1: The number on the balance is 2500 BSI KK and the sash weighs 13.5 pounds. (I need to purchase one balance).

Window #2:The number on the balance is 2900 BSI KL and the sash weighed 13.3 pounds. (I need to buy 4 balances).

Let me know the correct numbers I need so I can order them.

Thanks,

Tony

Profile picture of Tom
The 2500 balance might be S770-25 (25B) and the 2900 might be S770-29 (29B), but you should measure your metal channel to be sure.
Hi,

The 2500 balance is 25 inches long & the 2900 balance is 29 inches long.

What are the part numbers I need then?

Thanks,

Tony
Profile picture of Tom
I suspect that the 2500 balance is S770-25 (25B) and the 2900 is S770-29 (29B).
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.