Window Balance

A home owner from Puerto Rico says:
I need to replace the balance the number is J 2540 included some pictures .
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. I think we can help you replace these balances, but I'm going to need a little more information to be able to help. Can you remove the undamaged version of the channel balance from your window and show us both end attachments? Could you also confirm the length of the metal channel, not including those end attachments? This will help identify what you need. Many thanks.

Length 26 inches
Length 26 inches
Profile picture of Bob

Thanks for the additional photos. We have two balances that may work for you, our S351-26 and S390-26. Compare the depth of your bottom shoe to both of the bottom shoes of the replacement balances. Whichever one it's most compatible with will be the one you go with as a match. Take a look at the diagram of both shoes of the balances. That's how you want to measure the depth of your shoe. 

Comparison of 15-001 & 15-002
Comparison of 15-001 & 15-002

Whichever one you decide to go with will use a 2540 option. 

Thanks, it is the 15-002
Profile picture of Bob

Great! You should be set with the S351-26 than. Let us know if you have any additional questions.

yes one more question the window is very heavy i will need 4 for the two windows i have in the room.what about the weight ?
Profile picture of Bob

You will need to choose a stamp option for each pair of balances. The stamp option indicates the strength needed to support the weight of the window sash. Look for any stamped numbers on the metal channels of your balances. For instance, I see in one of your photos 'J 2540'. This should conform to our stamp option 2540, which is for a window sash in the weight range of 19 through 25 lbs. Is that the correct weight of your window sash? If you ever uncertain of your stamp represents, feel free to ask us or send photos. If you are uncertain that the stamps represent the correct weight, simply weigh your window sashes, then match those precise weights with the weight ranges listed for each stamp option on the S351-26 product page.

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.