Window Balance

A quick learner from Irvine, CA says:
I am looking for the part to replace the window balance. The following dimensions are approximate. The window channel is 30 inches long, 1/2 wide and 5/8 deep. It has a cable and spring system in the back of the channel. The marking on the balance says 30 with another number that I cannot read.

The window hold down measures 1" x 5/8 x 1 5/16 (total length).

The 1st picture is the marking on the balance.
The 2nd picture is the bottom of the channel.
The 3rd picture is the top of the channel.
The 4th picture is the window catch that is screwed into the top of the window
The 5th picture is a side view of the bottom balance that ties into the window frame.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Bottom channel showing catch to frame.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window catch back side toward window.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Top of channel catches on top of window hold down.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named bottom channel facing frame.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Marking on frame - 30 inch.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. We can replace this balance for you, but it will have to be custom made due to its unique design. I believe the stamp reads 30-3. Check an identical balance to confirm before proceeding. Note that these replacement balances have wings, or 'side tabs' on the bottom shoe. It won't make a difference in function, but I just wanted you to know so you're not confused by the difference. Assuming that all sounds right, I just shot you an email with a purchase link to order two(2) of these balances. Let me know if you have any further questions. 

For the Top Sash Guide, start by comparing your old one to either the 18-166 or 18-009. Note that our guides don't have those side tabs, but I don't think they'll make much of a difference in function. Compare dimensions to both suggestions and see if you think either might work for you. 

How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.