Window Balance

Quick Learner from Myrtle Beach,SC
Oct 13, 2023 10:45 am

Hello and Happy Friday!

Looking to replace the balance in my windows that won't stay up. In total about 6 windows and the plastic pieces have worn out and cracked.

Any help would be most appreciated!

PaulĀ 

IMG_3595
1 user uploaded images
3 Replies
Casey
Casey from SWISCO
Oct 13, 2023 1:42 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hello,

Your pivot shoe looks like a match to our 15-180, which is designed to be used with the Series 190 coil springs. You'll need to locate the stamps on your original coil springs to choose the corresponding strength options for your replacements. Take a look and thanks for posting! 

Alternate image for 15-180
Alternate image for 15-180

Quick Learner from Myrtle Beach,SC
Oct 14, 2023 10:09 am
Hi there,
Cool that you may have them! Where do I find the stamp though? I looked at various windows with my wife and did not see a number / stamp.
Casey
Casey from SWISCO
Oct 16, 2023 9:08 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

The numbers will not be visible with the coil balance still installed. You would need to remove the coil springs from the window to check the end for the numbers that should correspond to one of the strength options for the S190 replacement coils. 

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts