Window Balance Order

A contractor from Portland, OR says:
Hello,

I have this window balance from an Empire Pacific EPI window that is about 12 years old. Please advise on what to order & I will happily purchase from you guys.

Thanks!

Devin
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Devin. I see you have a picture of the bottom plastic piece, but I'll also need to see the top plastic piece before I recommend a replacement. Let me know!
Hi Tom,

My apologies for the lack of info, you must run in to that all the time!

Attached are two pics of the other end and one more of the same end you have a picture of already.

EPI is Empire Pacific and were recently bought by Cascade, if that helps you track down my part any.

Regards,

Devin.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Great. thank you. I've narrowed this down to two possible channel balance Series: either our Series 380 or our Series 385 balances.

Now, as you can see, there is only one difference between these two Series, and that is their bottom shoe. The Series 380 uses the 15-005 while the Series 385 uses the 15-004. I can't quite tell what you have based on your pictures, though. Please carefully compare their dimensions to your own hardware and see which is a better match.
15-004 and 15-005
Hi Tony,

Thank you for the quick response! You have been very helpful. Mine measures 1 3/32 so is the 15-004 series 385.

Next question, can I purchase a whole pre-assembled balance from you guys and not have to mess with putting one together myself?

Thanks!
Profile picture of Tom
Yes! That's what our Series are for. All of our Series 385 balances come completely assembled.
Just bought two, thanks for your help Tony!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)