Channel Balance Replacement

A home owner says:
Balance Markings:
Balance #1 - 29.9 GW,CMC 11.
Balance #2 - 29.9 DW,CMC 10.
A customer submitted photo of balance attachments.
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting. Before I can recommend a balance, I will need a little more info.

First, I would ask that you please measure just the metal channel portion of each of your balances. Also, if at all possible, take a profile picture of the bottom attachment. I'm still a little unclear as to what it might be.

If it would help, please take a look at this chart and refer to your bottom attachment. Let us know if it matches one of these options; if not, please tell us, and we can work from there.
A SWISCO guide to identifying balance shoes.
A quick learner from FLORIDA says:
Thanks for your timely reponse.

The length of both balances is 30".

15-005 is the attachment.

Attached are additional pictures of the balances

and sash guide.

The sash guide resembles the Norandex 18-161
A customer submitted photo of a balance attachment and sash guide.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
The top is our 19-005 Winged Channel balance Top, and you picked the 15-005 Winged Channel balance Shoe, so it will be S380-30. Your top sash guide is, indeed, a 18-161 Noradnex Top Sash Gide.

However, we will need the weight of your sash to get you the proper spring, because the 2990 option is a custom balance.

To weigh your sash, please remove it and place it on a scale.
A quick learner from florida says:
Thanks for your reply,

The window with the markings 29.9 GW, CMC 11
weighs 29 LBS.

The other 29.9 DW,CMC 10
weighs 30 LBS.

Your 15-005 measures 1", mine measures 15/16".
Does this matter?
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Hello,
I do not believe the 1/16" difference in the shoe depth will cause a problem, if it is too tight you could sand or file the shoes down a little.

Choose stamp option 2950.
30" Series 380 with stamp option 2950 will carry a window sash weight range of 28 through and including 32 pounds.

This information is based on 2 balances per sash. Balances are designed assuming friction in the jamb weather-strip will carry a portion of the sash weight. Suggested sash weights are approximate.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 4-7 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at 856-317-6263 or at help@swisco.com.