Window Balance Search

A contractor from Cumming, GA says:

I am needing a balance for a non tilt wood window for an older home (maybe 90's) for one of our client's homes. They are not wanting to replace the sash?only the balance. Since the window is in one of our client's homes, we can't take the window out until we receive the replacement part. The window measures 4'0.

I've looked around your website and am uncertain on which type I need to get. Could someone help point out which exact part I am needing to order? I've attached a couple of pictures of the window (installed). Are there any other specific measurements I can give with the window installed?

Thank you in advance for your help,

Amy

Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. I'm afraid it's nearly impossible to say what kind of balance you need without seeing it removed from the window--there are several different kinds of balances that might be inside that window. If you can remove the balance and provide pictures, we should be able to help find you a suitable replacement.

Keep in mind, from what I can see in these pictures I think it's possible we may not even have this kind of balance, and you will need to replace your entire jamb liner. A local mill work could help you do this, but we just can't be sure if this is what you need from these photos. Thanks.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.