Window Balances 1966 7 31

A home owner from Port Allegany, Pa says:
I have removed a balance from a window. Our windows are circa 1966 and we have quite a few broken cords at this point. I am unable to find the correct replacement part. Can you guide me? I have attached a photo of the unit.
A customer submitted image of an Andersen balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting! Please take a look at our 24-737, which can replace balance boxes with the stamp 7 31.
A home owner from Port Allegany, Pa says:
Thanks ... we have several windows that match that model ... Is the ordering for 1 unit or a pair? We also have several other windows in the same style and series that are different sizes. Do they use the same balance or because they are larger a different one? Can I determine the correct one without removing the balance?

A home owner from Port Allegany, Pa says:
After my second post I looked at the numbers on the bigger windows. They seem identical to each other in size, but 4 are AA 9 31 114 and 2 are EO 9 27 1 69.

Can they use the same balance?
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
For the balances on your larger windows, the "9 31" and "9 27" are indicators to use SWISCO product code 24-939, Andersen replacement balance.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)