Window Casing- Tie Rod needed for Locking Mechanism

A quick learner from Windsor, Ontario says:
Good day,

I am looking for a Tie Rod ( with a few rollers)for my bathroom window.
The height of my window is only 21 inches in total height and I noticed your smallest rod is 22.9inches. Do you offer a smaller rod or can I cut down the 22.9? The locking mechanism is called an "Acer" which I have never heard of before.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Could you show us a few pictures of the hardware in question? That will allow us to determine what you need, exactly. Specifically, I need to see how many rollers it has and what type of rollers they are. Thanks!
A quick learner says:
attached are pictures of the bathroom window.
The locking mechanism from the inside works-
The tie rod is missing and the plastic clips that hold the
Tie rod are broken off. There should be 2 white rollers for the tie rod
The tie rod should only be around 14 to 16 inches in length.
The picture shown is from another window in the house that works.
The part indicating "acer" is full functioning.
User submitted photo of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Hello, hopefully I can help. This resembles our 38-903, though I'm not sure if the nylon roller are the same as the ones on your tie bar. Check to see if the nylon rollers are in the same positions as yours. If the roller positions are the same, then you might only have to cut off the top end of the 38-903. As for the plastic clips that secure the bar, take a look at our 39-417. Let me know what you think.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)