Window Channel Balance

A quick learner from Florida says:
I have a removed 28 inch window channel balance. It has a stamp on it 27B. It does NOT have shoes on either end. The bottom window tilts in to remove this channel balance. This is a single hung window. The depth of the removed channel balance is 1/2 inch.I bought a replacement channel balance but it is 5/8 inches in depth. I installed it and there seemed to be excessive friction.Do you make channel balances that are 1/2 inch in depth???
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Would you be able to show us a picture of the original balance? Since the window tilts in, the cord likely attaches to a shoe of some kind. If so, I'd like to see a picture of the shoe and the clip at the end of the cord. Thanks!
A quick learner from Hernando Florida says:
Paul,
Here are some pictures of the removed channel balance. Like I said the removed balance is 1/2 inch deep. The new purchased balance is 5/8 inch deep. The extra 1/8 inch seemed to create alot of friction against the up and down movement of the window. For what it is worth I removed a sticker from the window. It reads, "Florida Extruders International, Inc--Single Hung Window---W/N 04793.
The stamp on the outside of the channel is 27B.

The balance does NOT have plastic ends. It just is attached with one screw into the channel.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks! I can't make out the clip at the end of the cord, but this looks a lot like our Series 770 channel balance for tilt windows. See what you think.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.