Window Channel Balance

A home owner from Sebastian, Florida says:
I have a broken channel balance in a large dining room window. "3625" is stamped on the balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
We may be able to help, but the stamp alone is not enough to identify what you have. If possible, please remove the balance from the window and show us a clear picture of the top, bottom, and stamp. Please also tell me the weight of the sash. Thanks!
Physical dimensions are 1/2" wide by 38" not including the plastic pieces at the ends. These pictures are of the unbroken balance from the other side of the window. I'll need to replace both (I assume since they have had the same use).
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks! This could be either our S385-38 or S380-38, depending on the size of the bottom shoe. That is the only difference between them. Your stamp is pretty different, so I recommend weighing your sash on a scale to determine the best stamp option.
I just weighed myself with and without the window sash and the difference was 17.5 pounds.
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:
38" for 17.5 pound sash, go with stamp opt 3720. A pair will carry a window sash weight range of 13 thru and including 18 lbs.
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.