Window Channel replacement

A quick learner from San Diego, California says:
The window channels to be replaced are marked 2830, 29 inch aluminum. I'm not sure of the balance shoe sets needed, and want to make sure I order the correct ones. Any help would be appreciated
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2576.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2575.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2574.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2573.JPG
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in. See our S351-29 or S390-29. The only difference between these two balances is the 'depth'of the bottom nylon shoe, so you'll have to compare both with your old hardware to see what matches best. You'll need a stamp option of 2830.

Thanks much!!
Hello! I received my two replacement balances and there appears to be a problem. The clip at the base of each is facing upwards instead of down, which means that when it is inserted into the square hole in the frame you can't push down on the balance - the clip just slips out of the hole. I can't see any way of switching the position of the clip itself so that it points downwards, which is the direction that the old, broken balances had it facing. Am I missing something here? Thanks!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2613.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! Sorry about the trouble. I just showed this to our in-house balance expert and he believes you can still install your balance. The manufacturer ships many balances out this way, but you can turn the hook by hand to get it in the slot. Just make sure to wear safety gloves just in case. Better safe than sorry.

Hello! Thanks much for the help already given - I was able to replace the S351-29 glides just fine. Unfortunately the top sash channel balance guides (plastic) shattered in the process, as the window on this side gets direct sun and those must have been brittle. I don't have an intact example now to compare with the photos on your site - is there one style that fits only these glides (both left and right sides)? Thanks much!
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Unfortunately, without having one of the old top sash guides on hand, there's no way for us to know what you had. The Series 351 is compatible with dozens of different kinds. The only way to narrow that down is to see the original.

Do you have an identical window elsewhere in the house that may use the same hardware? We could use that as a reference.

Hello! Thanks much for the reply. I found one window that had one top sash guide still intact, and got it out - pics attached. It measures 1.75" from top to bottom, is 7/8" wide at the top and 5/8" for the main body. It's fastened with two screws. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2639.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2640.jpg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Greetings. We believe our 18-199 Top Sash Guide is a close match. Compare its dimensions to your old guide and see what you think. 

Profile picture of Paul

Excellent. Do let us know if you need anything else, and many thanks for your business; we appreciate it.

Thanks much Paul! Going through the list that was what I thought as well, but best to have an expert take a look. Will be ordering those now.
Profile picture of Paul

Fantastic to hear. Let us know if you ever need anything else.

Worked like a charm! Thanks so much for your help!
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.