Window Clips

A quick learner from 32189 says:
This clip is thin. I have a piece of metal 1/32 inch thick which appears to be the correct thickness. Your standard Miami Window clip seems to be the correct shape, with a 3/4 inch shank, just too thick.
These windows were installed in 1959. I could use 100 pieces.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Clip1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Clip2.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

We don't carry the base but the clip itself looks similar to or 70-230 for older Miami windows. Take a look and see if you think that this might work as a replacement. Thanks for posting! 

How thick is the material this 70-230 clip is made from? I have some others but they are too thick.. not from SWISCO.
Profile picture of Casey

The 70-230 screen clip measures 1/16" thick. 

Unfortunately that is too thick for my windows. I need them to be more like 1/32 thick.
Profile picture of Casey

I'm sorry that we can't offer a closer replacement option but due to the age of the hardware, you may have a hard time finding a clip as thin as the original. 

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.