Window Coil Balance System ID

A home owner from VA says:

Good Evening,

I please ask you to take a close look at attached pictures of my window coils, which are obviously no longer working properly and in need of replacement.

I looked for them on your site, but seem not to be able to figure out which one would be the right one to fit my windows. I am in need of a few, and will provide the exact amount, if you can identify the ones I will need.

I will greatly appreciate your help and time in helping me execute these minor repairs.

Thank you.

Jose

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20191125_170259.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20191125_170305.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20191125_170311.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200301_201014.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200301_201040.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hi Jose. Your Pivot Shoe looks like our 15-180. This shoe uses our Series 190 Coil Springs, as well as the 15-181 Detent Clip. Now, if your old coils are undamaged you could just replace the shoe. If you need new coil springs as well though, you'll have to determine the spring weights you need. Look for stamp codes on the coils to determine this. If there are none, or you are uncertain, obtain the exact weight of your window sash. Tell us that exact weight, and we'll work out what you need.

A home owner from VA says:

Bob -

This is awesome! I think I finally found what I was looking for. Your simple and logical explanation makes it easy to make a selection.

Thank you so much. I already established an account and will be ordering soon.

Jose 

Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

That's great news, Jason. Be sure to get back in touch with us and let us know how everything works out for you. 

How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.