Window Cranks in West Palm Beach, FL

A landlord from West Palm Beach, FL says:

Hello, I am renovating a house down in Florida and am trying to make sure I get the correct parts for these window cranks which I would prefer to keep since they seem to work OK (though they have not been maintained). The link arm is 2 1/2" and the operator itself is 1 3/4" wide at the base and approximately 5" in height. My guess is that the Andersen operator (39-258) will be appropriate, but I also think I need some additional parts. The bar that runs along the bar of each window (the torque bar?) is not held in place in a few cases, since the pieces that do so have broken. I can certainly take more pictures if that would help you identify the correct parts for me to order. Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Clem

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1402.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1403.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hey Clem. You can view our selection of awning window operator hardware here; we'll need specific pictures of pieces in mind to see if we do indeed have replacements, such as the bar bearings. For the operator, we need a clear view of the back hole pattern of the operator, as well as the link arm fully out of the window. See the video below. 

A landlord from West Palm Beach, FL says:
Bob, thank you very much for your reply and for the video. Attached are the pictures. Two of the pictures are of one of the broken bearings which I think gives the clearest idea of what it looks like in there. Hopefully, these suffice, but if they do not please just let me know what else you would need to make a determination.

Regards,

Clem
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hey Clem. For the awning operator, start by looking at the 39-251 and 39-252 Cranks. The hole pattern looks very similar, but you're going to want to go over all the dimensions, including the size of the hole at the end of the link arm, to confirm this is correct. For the torque bearings, is there an undamaged one you can produce? That would help narrow down possible replacements. 

How to Replace an Awning Window Operator [1080p]
How to Replace an Awning Window Operator [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.