Window Glazing Bead

A purchasing agent from Destin says:
Looking for a company with hard to find and easy to find parts .
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20191114_084507.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20191114_084400.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20191114_084421.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20191114_084506.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20191114_084508.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out to us. We have a couple different glazing beads similar to this, like our 55-161 and 55-019, but the top part of your bead is a lot narrower than ours. Please give us a little time to see if we can find a replacement that is closer to your dimensions and we will get back to you as soon as we find something.

Ok thank you , yes it is 1/4 in" the V and the U
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

The glazing bead you're looking for has been discontinued. We do carry the 55-161 glazing bead, but the head is wider at 3/8" . You would need to trim it down by 1/8". We also carry the 55-114 which is different than 55-161, but has the 1/4" head you need. However, I am not sure if it will fit your window frame.Take a look at the glazing beads suggested to see if you can adapt any of them to your window sash.

I did look at the 161, you cant trim that down, it ould weaken it? Correct ? Jamie
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Because it is only an 1/8" of an inch, we don't foresee it causing any damage to the glazing bead. We do understand your point of causing it to weaken or alter a bit, but as I mentioned since it's such a small alteration, it shouldn't do any damage to the glazing bead. Unfortunately, in this case this is the only possible solution we can recommend to getting the part to work for you. 

I apologize there isn't any further help or suggestions we can provide. 

Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Replacing Glazing Bead and Glass in an Aluminum Window Sash
Replacing Glazing Bead and Glass in an Aluminum Window Sash
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Vinyl Window Glazing Bead
How to Replace Vinyl Window Glazing Bead
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Insulated Glass in an Aluminum Window with Snap-In Glazing
How to Replace Insulated Glass in an Aluminum Window with Snap-In Glazing
GUIDE
READ >
How to Replace Glazing in a Vinyl Window
How to Replace Glazing in a Vinyl Window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.