Window Hardware

A home owner from Hudsonvill Mi says:

This is from a casement window and the part is from truth. It has lost the resisitance plate at the end of the crank cycle and slides over the top, not allowing the window to close properly.

I would appreciate any help you can give me

Thanks

John

Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Can you show us a picture of the hardware in question,. John? That would help narrow things down. Many thanks. 

I thought I had sent one. So sorry..
See attached
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200908_141118.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200908_140238.jpg
Profile picture of Bob

I am afraid we don't have an exact match for this operator. Our 39-382 might work as a replacement, but you'll have to compare the dimensions to see if it matches. Even if it does, some modification to the sill might be necessary. Let me know what you think. 

Bob,
Thanks for that. My window hinges are on the right side, so the left side is what swings out . I am wondering if the 39-381 is the correct choice. I need to do some measuring, so thought I would pop this question out first.
Thanks
John
Profile picture of Bob

Hey John. Orientation with these operators are determined by the side of the spline that the link arm and gears is attached to. It looks like it's the same as the 39-382 in this case, i.e. on the right side of the spline, hence my recommendation. Let me know if that makes sense. 

Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.