Window Hardware

A quick learner from Honolulu says:

I'm having trouble locating new Hardware for our windows.

First of all I don't see a similar window operator on this with Swisco.com website. Picture attached. Any insight on matching this?

Secondly, I'm looking specifically for the L-shaped bracket that goes around the edge of the window (circled with red, photo also shows how it attaches underneath window).

Finally, a common problem with a 6-7 of our windows is that when trying to close, the window hits the joint of the operator. Seemingly, the window is not high enough to clear the operator mechanism. I've watched videos about adding shims to the hinges to "lift" the window, but this particular set up seems different from most and I can't figure out where exactly to add the shim to lift this particular window. Any advice?

Thank you in advance for any chips you can offer me.

Ally

Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

That sash bracket you show in your photo was an old bracket we used to carry, but it was discontinued and is no longer available. You might need to update the hardware with more modern parts.

Take a look at our 39-329 and 39-330 operators to start out. In addition to this new operator, you will also need to replace the sash bracket with our 39-553 and 39-554. You also will need to use the 39-114L handle (or the fold down 39-205) with the new operators. 

I myself have not checked the replacement hardware to see if it will work as a substitute for your old bracket. I just don't have access to this kind of window, I'm afraid. This is all theory. However it might be your only solution. I'm sorry we cannot give you a more confident recommendation.

Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.