Window Hardware

A home owner from Pickering, Ontario, Canada says:
This hardware is from a vertical sliding window, with 2 panes sliding up/down. Total 4 assemblies for this one window. The pictures are from on of such assemblies. I could not find any markings on the plastic casings. The only marking I found was on the coil (see pic) which shows a 9 (or 6).

I need to know what to order to fix this window. All the coils have snapped (all 4 of them).

Thank you for your help!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210820_123337.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210820_123351.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210820_123606.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210820_123955.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210820_124029.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I do not immediately recognize this balance assembly, but we may still be able to help. Please give us a little more time to look into this and I'll get back to you ASAP.

In the meantime, can you confirm how thick the pivot shoe and spring are?

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

We don't sell this exact balance assembly but we have a similar coil spring set up that may work for you. The pivot shoe would be 15-228 and the coil spring will be the S160-6, which carries 6.5 pounds per spring. Finally, the coil spring will rest above the bottom bumper of the 15-150S coil spring cover.

Thank you so much for looking into this and keeping me updated - much appreciated!

I measured the thickness and it's 0.544" (or 13.82mm). Width is 1.166" (or 29.61mm) - see attached pictures.

Will the parts you are suggesting fit?

Thanks! Pierre
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210826_112946.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210826_113002.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210826_113840.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210826_113850.jpg
Profile picture of Paul

The thickness of our parts should be fine, but the width is a little concerning. Yours is a lot smaller than ours. Unfortunately, we do not have anything that better aligns to your dimensions. I am very sorry for the inconvenience. 

Thanks for your reply Paul. How much wider are your parts? Could I grind them to size or would that affect the integrity of the parts?

Thanks! Pierre
Profile picture of Paul

The shoe I recommended is 1-1/4" wide, which is considerably larger in my opinion. I don't think it would be easy to grind that down. You can see a detailed breakdown of its size on the store page I linked to above.

How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.