Window Hinges

A home owner from Lancaster, MA says:
Hello
I have NFRC 100 Series windows installed around my house. I have been having challenges with the hinges breaking off mainly because the connectors are made of plastic. I guess due to wear and tear this is common. As a result of this, the windows when opened do not tend to stay intact; they lean outward almost giving an impression that they will break off.

I am looking for a solution to this. Are these repairable by any chance? I have attached images of the Warranty sticker (it has some good details) and the NFRC certification sticker. I have also attached a couple images showing the damaged parts.

Any help identifying the part is appreciated. Please let me know what the pricing on these things is.

Thanks
Sudheer
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20171201_120040.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20171201_115954.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190624_153701.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190624_153320.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm afraid that those black plastic sliders cannot be repaired or replaced. When they break, your only option is to replace the entire hinge.

As for the hinge itself, there are a couple of option. It appears to be a 4-bar hinge. We carry many in this style. You can see our entire selection here, specifically near the top of the page. You'll have to compare our dimensions to you own hinge to confirm the best option.  I think there's a good chance one of ours will work as long as you get the dimensions down.

A home owner from Lancaster, MA says:
Hi Tom
Thanks for your response. I went ahead an ordered the 4-bar hinges for my windows. Now onto installing them. Are there an installation instructions or videos that you can share? Searching the internet, I was able to find 2-bar hinge replacement videos but not a 4-bar hinge video.

Thanks,
Sudheer
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thank you! We appreciate your order, it means a lot. We don't have installation instructions for the 26-022HD you purchased, specifically, but we do have a video on a similar hinge pair. The process is more or less the same, so you should find this video to be quite helpful.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.