Window Jamb

A landlord from Massachusetts says:
Can you tell by the attached pics what parts I need to repair this window? Thanks
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named EB2ACF2F-0C1B-484A-BFFE-0E31E71CBA3E.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 70E3B6B1-9C5D-4A60-B21D-1FB43E05E623.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi there!

I'm afraid we can't say what you need with your hardware still in the window. Can you remove the pivot shoe from your window and show us, along with dimensions? Specifically, we'll need you to write out the thickness and width. That will help us narrow down your options.

Thank you! 

Thanks! I forgot to measure thickness but the attached pics show other dimensions. The windows are a mess and there are at least couple versions of pivot shoe (from earlier repairs?).
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named F6DFAD99-4096-4EA0-B90B-407D1426617A.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named A2AB9BB2-7F09-466B-A244-31BBF0A50E0D.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 8800D439-8A24-490C-BE50-AF89B1D28181.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily

Thanks for the additional pictures! Your hardware resembles our 15-140 coil balance shoe, which uses the Series 150 coil springs. Carefully look over our dimensions and see if this matches what you need.

Thanks again Emily. I also need Series 150 Coil Balances. I tried to refer to the stamp or imprint on the original spring, but it has no markings. Pic attached. Is there a most common version that should work?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named E5FD4F12-28C1-4FF2-BC8B-53F80D21440C.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily

To determine what coil weight you need for the Series 150 coil springs, you would weigh the sash on a scale and then divide that by how many springs you have in the window. For example, if you had four springs total (two on each side) and a 12 pound sash, you would want four 3 pound springs. If you're unsure, obtain the exact sash weight and I can work it out from there. 

How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.