Window Operator and Vinyl Trim for Window

A contractor from Toms River says:
Ordered 39-025 to see if it would work with window even though final arm was about 3/6" short. Didn't work. Mounting holes lined up but window wouldn't fully close due to shorter arm. Also, some vinyl trim around windows is dried out and cracked so I have included a picture of that as well. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Les
Window operator
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Hm... I'm not sure why the 39-025 operator isn't working on your window. You have an older style Silverline awning window operator, which is no longer available. However, I have used the newer style with the screw sector at the end as a replacement before.

In theory, your window should close, if it uses a shorter arm, but might not open up as far. That usually isn't a big problem.

Check the window with the operator removed, and make sure the window opens and closes without the operator. Maybe there is a problem in the window side linkage. As for the glazing bead, take a look at the 55-204 snap-in.
A contractor from Toms River says:
Dave,

You nailed it. Got me thinking so went back and mounted 39-025. Culprit was not the arm length but the pivot rivet. Seems holes on 39-025 move whole assembly to left a bit and cause rivet to hit opening in window frame. Filed a section off so it can pass frame and recede in to mounting shell. Thanks again.
How to Replace an Awning Window Operator [1080p]
How to Replace an Awning Window Operator [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Replacing Glazing Bead and Glass in an Aluminum Window Sash
Replacing Glazing Bead and Glass in an Aluminum Window Sash
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Vinyl Window Glazing Bead
How to Replace Vinyl Window Glazing Bead
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
How to Replace Insulated Glass in an Aluminum Window with Snap-In Glazing
How to Replace Insulated Glass in an Aluminum Window with Snap-In Glazing
GUIDE
READ >
How to Replace Glazing in a Vinyl Window
How to Replace Glazing in a Vinyl Window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.