Window Part

A quick learner from Nashua, NH says:
Can you help identify the following parts (see provided pics):

I think I need the "S180-8" (8 lbs Series 180 Coil Balance) because I see an "8" stamped on the more neatly coiled part. However, I am concerned about the actual weight of the sash (12 lbs) versus the values (8) indicated on the coil balance and pivot housing.

Assuming the "S180-8" is correct, what pivot housing would be appropriate?

Also, I noticed that my mounting brackets have a right angle and are not flat. Is it necessary to replace these?

One last thought: The track these components reside in don't have a means to extract the components. It looks like I will need to cut the track to remove the old parts and install new ones. Should I follow the instructions provided in the "Replacing a triple coil system" video?

Thanks,
Andrew

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3945.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3946.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3947.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3949.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi, Andrew.

The pivot shoe in your pictures looks like our 15-087, which is compatible with the Series 180 springs, but you'll notice that the style of our cam is different from yours. Would it be possible for us to see your pivot bar removed from the sash? That will help me confirm if our part will work for you. You can also reuse your original brackets if they're in working order. 

Have you ever had difficulty opening or closing this window? Your coil weights appear to be calibrated for a sash weighing 16 pounds which would be too strong since your sash weighs 12 pounds. With a sash weight of 12 pounds, you'd want to use (1) S180-6 6 pound spring on each side of the window. 

As for creating the cut out, you can indeed follow the process we show in the "How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System" video. We also have another video on this method which I will post below. 

A quick learner from Nashua, NH says:
Thank you for responding so quickly! I haven't had any difficulty opening or closing the windows but I also thought there was a mismatch between the weight and the springs. I attached some pictures to help identify the cam. Thanks for your help!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named C536866D-56B3-4C97-AD71-462F823B4289.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named FFDF05DE-54DF-44C3-B3FB-4C908BBB2A9F.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DCE537D2-FA34-4F10-A28F-D85958B20FFB.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named EF4EBFC0-CC81-4A1D-9426-58411D6D3FBB.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for the additional photos! Your pivot bar matches our 26-422 which is fully compatible with our 15-087 so you should be good to go. If you have any questions just let me know and I'd be happy to help! 

How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.