Window Part

Home Owner from Brooklyn NY
May 10, 2024 12:16 pm
Looking for plastic piece built into a double-hung window that can lay flush with the window sash or you can manually press on to extend out. The purpose is to limit the height that you are able to lift the bottom window sash. These plastic pieces have broken off on a few of my windows and I am looking to replace. The manufacturer is Certain-Teed, which is now out of business. Any help is appreciated.
3 Replies
Lauren
Lauren from SWISCO
May 10, 2024 1:53 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hello, thank you for posting,

It sounds like you are in need of new vent latches. To further review, are you able to provide pictures of the originals on the window? Do you have any that are not broken that we could review? From there we can compare to our selection to determine if we can provide a suitable replacement option. Thank you! 

Home Owner from Brooklyn NY
May 10, 2024 2:58 pm
This is one photo to have already in my phone. If you need additional I can send later
IMG_1246
1 user uploaded images
Lauren
Lauren from SWISCO
May 13, 2024 12:19 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Thank you,

Unfortunately we do not carry an exact match for this vent latch. The closest we carry is the 26-122, but we cannot guarantee a direct fit and function. Please review the overall dimensions below to see how they compare. Let us know what you think and if you have any additional questions.

Alternate image for 26-122
Alternate image for 26-122

Side view of 26-122
Side view of 26-122

Diagram of 26-122
Diagram of 26-122

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts