Window Parts Assiatance

A handy person from NY says:
Hello,

I am ordering a few parts to fix several windows in my home. The sash release levers on one of them are damaged and I am trying to identify the correct replacement part from the following page. It appears to be the first item listed.

cl/Tilt-Window-Sash-Release-Levers

Can you tell me if the existing lever can simply be pried from the window? It's a bit brittle.
User submitted image of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. Looks like have an aluminum window with concealed top tilt latches. You can remove the old finger lever by removing the sash from the frame, pushing in the slide latch, and then using a flat putty knife to pop the finger lever off.

Based on your style of window, I think our 26-001 may be a match. I would just confirm that the fork size and configuration is the same, as that's the most vital aspect of this part. If it is, then you can install it by holding the top latch in (like you did when you removed the old one), then snapping the new finger lever in place. I also associated other parts you might want to look at, which you can see on the right side of this page.
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace an Internal Tilt Latch [1080p]
How to Replace an Internal Tilt Latch [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Slide Latch Assembly Diagram
Slide Latch Assembly Diagram
GUIDE
READ >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.